Kanuru Hospitality House
The Kanuru Hospitality House, a vision of the Helen Keller Hospital Board of Directors, was built to provide overnight lodging for family members who travel a long distance to be with critically ill or seriously injured patients. A generous donation from Dr. Das Kanuru, a pediatrician and emergency room physician in our area since 1976, allowed this vision to become a reality.
The Kanuru Hospitality House is a duplex structure. Each fully furnished unit has two bedrooms, two bathrooms, a family living area, kitchen, and laundry room. Each unit also includes a patio area.
The Kanuru Hospitality House is conveniently located on the southwest corner of the hospital campus, facing Dickson Street. A short drive and comfortable walking distance from the hospital, the house provides family members the ability to rest while still remaining close to their loved one.
Qualifications for lodging:1. Potential guests must live at least 50 miles away from Helen Keller Hospital. Family members living within 50 miles of Helen Keller Hospital with a compelling reason to stay at the Hospitality House will be considered on a case by case basis.
2. Potential guests must have a family member who is currently a patient at Helen Keller Hospital.
3. Referrals are made by social workers, nursing unit directors, or nurse supervisors. Requests for housing may be made by the family of the patient.
4. Guest referrals will be considered in the order in which their request is received.
5. Check in time is from 8 am. - 5 p.m. daily. Keys will be available for pick up at the Outpatient/ER Admitting Area. Checkout time is 1 p.m. or at the time of patient discharge. A maximum of five consecutive days usage is allowed. Families may request a longer stay if there is no one on the waiting list. Upon checkout, keys must be returned to the Outpatient/ER Admitting clerk.
6. A $10 refundable key deposit is required at check in.
7. There will be a $20 per day charge for the use of the Kanuru Hospitality House. If this poses a financial hardship, please discuss your circumstances with the referral representative.
8. Guests must present a valid driver's license and a credit/debit card at the time of check in.